Monday 19 July 2010



Hi Everyone,

Well what a day Bev the Blade and I had on Saturday. We went to the Summer Crafting show at Doncaster. It was Bev's first visit to a retail show and I have to say she was like a kid in a sweet shop. As we parked the car she saw people wheeling trollies and suitcases and when I told her that's what people brought to the show to put their goodies in she was gobsmacked. Once we got in the show she was speechless!! I had to hold her back and explain the rules of shopping at shows.

1. You walk round the outside stands
2 You walk down the aisles
3. You don't buy when you are first looking as you may find it cheaper on another stand
4. You have a cuppa
5. Then you spend, spend, spend

And boy did we spend. The highlight of Bev's day was meeting Steph and Nigel, especially Nigel. I can't believe I stood in the queue with Bev for over an hour to meet her hero. We made some lovely new friends as we waited. Then the moment came and it was worth the wait just to see Bev's face. What a brazen hussy she is. She got Nigel to sign her boob!!!!!! It made both their days I can tell you. Bev then proceeded to show everyone she met. It was a really lovely day and so good to catch up with friends such as Paul Church. Bev and I can't wait for next year!! I'll post a picture when Bev calms down and emails me her photos.

The card uses a tiny floral stamp I was given to demo with. I've used some of my Brenda Pinnick 12 x 12 papers and a lovely floral punch from Crafty Devils.

Have a good day.

Lynda XX

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great day, I must put the dates on my calender for time off work next year so that I can go.
    Love the card especially the punched flowers, might just have a look for it myself.

    Hugs Vanessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa. It was a really lovely show. It was so different to be on the other side of the "counter" but lovely to meet up with friends who were working there. The punch I used costs about 8.99. If you ring Crafty Devils and ask Mel, the owner, for the punch Lynda was sending everyone for at her stand at Shepton Mallett she will know which one you mean. She sold out of them there 'cos I was showing people cards featuring the flower. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Glad you had a great time still laughing at the thought of Bev with her chest hanging out she is so much braver than me. ha ha ha. Love the card to hope your purse hasn't gone into shock at all the money you spent.

    Anne x

    ReplyDelete